Frequently Asked & Important Question's
Coronavirus Update: Bright Smile Beauty has enhanced cleaning to protect the safety and wellbeing of our clients. Please rest assure that all our premises are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised regularly to the most stringent standards, with detailed attention to high touch-points. We have taken all precautionary measures ensuring your service is safe with us during Covid-19. We have taken all preventive measures providing your service during Covid-19.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
All treatment times include your consultation with our qualified technician.
Triple treatment may take up to 2 hours. Each client may vary in the pre-consultation as it is their first time. However, generally, 90 minutes. This includes your pre-consultation and 3 x 20 minute in chair whitening sessions.
If you are a returning client booked for a triple treatment, no longer than 1 hour and 10 minutes.
We advise 4-6 week top-up ensure your teeth maintain a whitening lasting 6-12 months. A single top up is a 1 x 20 minute session.
Double Top Up Treatment may take up to 50-60 minutes. 2 x 20 minute sessions.
Single Top-Up generally 30 minutes. 1 x 20 minute session.
All bookings offer consultation.
Group bookings typically exceed two hours, depending on how many are in one Bright Smile Beauty Treatment seating.
NOT AVAILABLE DURING COVID-19
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure which we take very seriously. We pride ourselves on ensuring our clients are educated and informed of the process thoroughly before treatment and ONLY use Australian certified products.
WHAT RESULTS CAN BE EXPECTED?
Results vary on the extent of the client's age, medication taken, discolouration from food, drink, and lifestyle choices. The more yellow-stained, the more dramatic the results will pend on the client's age and lifestyle choices, including food and beverages. Our clients regularly achieve an average whitening improvement being 5 to 10 shades whiter first treatment. All clients are informed to have a 4-6 week follow up after their first Triple Treatment to ensure a longer-lasting whitening.
WILL TEETH WHITENING AFFECT MY TOOTH ENAMEL?
Among the most frequently asked questions is, "does teeth whitening damage the enamel?" The conclusive answer is no. Teeth whitening gel will NOT damage or harm your tooth enamel. Enamel is considered the hardest tissue in the human body.
Whitening products can cause temporary tooth sensitivity.
SHOULD A DENTIST DO TEETH WHITENING?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that is non-dental. The products we use are as effective as those used by a dentist. All our products are Australian compliant and produced to the highest standards. Regular dental checkup and cleans for better results. Bright Smile Beauty has a dentist we recommend for our clients should they require exceeding dental work. Please contact us for more information as we offer a non-health fund dental package to our clients.
IS TEETH WHITENING SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE?
Teeth whitening is a treatment most people want and can have. However, it is advised and not recommended for children under the age of 16 years old or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. We actively inform not to have teeth whitening if you suffer from any of the following, gum disease, feeling unwell, you have been in contact with anyone with coronavirus, are taking antibiotics, have braces or Invisalign braces, porcelain veneers, leaking filling, cracked tooth, or are requiring any dental work. Composite veneers are ideal as with lingual brace placed behind teeth. It is essential you advise us prior and seek professional advice from your dentist.
DOES TREATMENT CAUSE SENSITIVITY?
Some clients may experience minor sensitivity (dull ache, sharp pain or hot/cold sensitivity) this usually lasts several minutes to hours after whitening. Still, sometimes longer, however, it never leaves any residual problem. It is a common effect as it is a cosmetic procedure; however, some clients experience no sensitivity. Every client is different. Some patients may also feel gum irritation from the gel. It appears white on some areas where the gel has contacted the gum. However, we apply a free gingival barrier to prevent this from occurring. Should this happen, It will return to regular pink gum colour within 15 minutes or less. Staying hydrated plays a huge roll in recovery after teeth whitening, we strongly advise clients to ensure they stay hydrated. We very often find clients notice after their first experience of sensitivity it eases off, or they have zero sensitivity following treatments after that.
HOW LONG ARE TEETH PORES OPEN AND WHY AFTER TREATMENT?
Yes, we have pores on our teeth as with our skin. The pores in the enamel generally open during your session upon gel and light activating together, this is so the active 6% HP or CP, of agents can reach the stains beneath the surface of your teeth. Generally, two days after the whitening procedure is complete, the pores close back up, leaving the enamel in its original state. We advise you to maintain a white to light-based diet for up to 24-72 hours after treatment. Furthermore, information on what to eat and what not to eat are below.
WHAT TO EAT, WHAT NOT TO EAT AFTER Bright Smile Beauty TEETH WHITENING?
Teeth whitening with Bright Smile Beauty is a great way to obtain a brighter smile and enhanced self-confidence. Enjoying the most benefit from this gentle, effective procedure includes watching what you eat for the first few days. In general, you should avoid foods that are likely to cause re-staining or irritate sensitive teeth. After a short time, you can resume a regular healthy diet, generally, between 24-48 hours, however lasting 72 or longer we advise you do so. Always drink or rinse with water after any meal or beverage.
Five Foods to Avoid After Teeth Whitening
Items to avoid:
- Dark or strongly coloured liquids are tea, coffee, red wine, cola, and tomato juice.
- Acidic beverages: examples are soft drinks, fruit juices, and alcohol in general.
- Foods with natural or added colourants are beef, soy sauce, ketchup/tomato sauce, bolognese, and chocolate.
- Sugary foods: cakes, cookies, ice cream, etc., can trigger decay-causing bacteria, causing tooth irritation and possible staining.
- Any item that fails the "white shirt test" it's best to avoid any food that would leave a visible stain on a white piece of clothing for the first 24-48 hours after whitening. Three days is even better.
So What Can I Eat After Teeth Whitening?
Good question; it may seem like your choices are severely restricted. In reality, however, there are many items you can enjoy during the post-whitening period. They include:
- Skinless turkey or chicken: remove any portions of fat or have the preparer do so if you're dining out.
- Whitefish: please avoid healthy spices or coloured sauces.
- White rice, pasta, or bread: eat these in limited amounts, as excess carb consumption can promote cavities. Not suitable for celiac clients
- Egg whites: Ditch the yokes.
- White cheeses: Lower-fat versions are better.
- Peeled potatoes: Mashed, boiled, or sliced. However, you like them.
- Cauliflower, or white onions.
- Choose Skimmed or low-fat milk
- Snack Food Suggestions
- Yogurt. With peeled pear, apple or banana and grated or shredded coconut.
- Rice cakes with selected cheese (nothing too yellow, perhaps feta or ricotta or a can of plain tuna mixed with mayo or any alternative white/light base food topping.
- Porridge or oats with banana (avoid honey) use grated or shredded coconut instead.
- Fruit salad containing peeled apples, peeled pear, bananas.
- Just remember your teeth are still in the healing stage. Avoid anything that would stain a white shirt.
Other Tips for the Post-Whitening Period
Brush your teeth after having them whitened, make sure to use a soft bristle brush and a low or non-abrasive form of toothpaste. You may want to use a formula designed for sensitive teeth.
Drink all the plain water you like. It is useful for ensuring adequate saliva production. Filtered water and tap are best, as tap water contains fluoride. Yes, some fluoride in water is okay.
Tobacco products and vaping devices, dark-coloured food, and drinks can undo all the good you gain from teeth whitening. Your technician can recommend new medications that will help you to kick the habit for good.
Keeping Your Teeth Looking Their Best Year-Round
Following some common-sense BSB care tips will help to keep your teeth looking their best 6-12 months out of the year. The following guidelines are especially important:
- Brush 2-3 times a day: you should brush gently yet thoroughly for a full two minutes each time, making sure to clean every tooth surface.
- Floss every day: this is crucial for removing plaque that brushing alone cannot reach.
- Eat sensibly: this means getting plenty of healthy foods rich in lean protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals.
- See your cosmetic technician at Bright Smile Beauty a minimum twice a year: Regular checkups are essential. For controlling plaque and catching oral health concerns in their earliest stages.
Teeth whitening is an investment in a better smile and a more confident you. Keep it working for you by following the tips in this post.
WHAT IF I WANT TO RESCHEDULE, CANCEL OR REFUND?
We do not offer a refund for change of mind.
We understand work, family, and other commitments pop up. We are pleased to reschedule your booking, given 24-48 hours before the booked appointment. Our treatments and services are non-refundable nor transferable to other clients. We are a locally operating business that takes pride in our client's time and our services to them. Advise us early enough to reschedule your appointment. Should you not attend or arrive at your appointment, we reserve the right to forfeit your booking and payments made. Please ensure you do contact us before reschedule as we may offer your booking to another client. Refunds will are considered or provided were required following the Australian Consumer Law.
YOUR BEST SHADE IS YET TO COME!
For any further information or inquiries, please text or call us.
FB: Bright Smile Beauty