What Can I Eat?
WHAT TO EAT, WHAT NOT TO EAT AFTER Bright Smile Beauty TEETH WHITENING?
Teeth whitening with Bright Smile Beauty is a great way to obtain a brighter smile and enhanced self-confidence. Enjoying the most benefit from this gentle, effective procedure includes watching what you eat for the first day afterwards. In general, you should avoid foods that are likely to cause re-staining or irritate sensitive teeth. After a short time, you can resume a regular healthy diet, generally, between 24-48 hours, however lasting 72 or longer we advise you do so. Always drink or rinse with water after any meal or beverage.
Five Foods to Avoid After Teeth Whitening
Items to avoid:
- Dark or strongly coloured liquids are tea, coffee, red wine, cola, and tomato juice.
- Acidic beverages: examples are soft drinks, fruit juices, and alcohol in general.
- Foods with natural or added colourants are beef, soy sauce, ketchup/tomato sauce, bolognese, and chocolate.
- Sugary foods: cakes, cookies, ice cream, etc., can trigger decay-causing bacteria, causing tooth irritation and possible staining.
- Any item that fails the "white shirt test" it's best to avoid any food that would leave a visible stain on a white piece of clothing for the first 24 hours after whitening.
So What Can I Eat After Teeth Whitening?
Good question; it may seem like your choices are severely restricted. In reality, however, there are many items you can enjoy during the post-whitening period. They include:
- Skinless turkey or chicken: remove any portions of fat or have the preparer do so if you're dining out.
- Whitefish: please avoid healthy spices or coloured sauces.
- White rice, pasta, or bread: eat these in limited amounts, as excess carb consumption can promote cavities. Not suitable for celiac clients
- Egg whites: Ditch the yokes.
- White cheeses: Lower-fat versions are better.
- Peeled potatoes: Mashed, boiled, or sliced. However, you like them.
- Cauliflower, or white onions.
- Choose Skimmed or low-fat milk.
Snack foods suggestions
- Yogurt. With peeled pear, apple or banana and grated or shredded coconut.
- Rice cakes with selected cheese (nothing too yellow, perhaps feta or ricotta or a can of plain tuna mixed with mayo or any alternative white/light base food topping.
- Porridge or oats with banana (avoid honey) use grated or shredded coconut instead.
- Fruit salad containing peeled apples, peeled pear, bananas.
- Just remember your teeth are still in the healing stage. Avoid anything that would stain a white shirt.
Other Tips for the Post-Whitening Period
Brush your teeth after having them whitened, make sure to use a soft bristle brush and a low or non-abrasive form of toothpaste. You may want to use a formula designed for sensitive teeth.
Drink all the plain water you like. It is useful for ensuring adequate saliva production. Filtered water and tap are best, as tap water contains fluoride. Yes, some fluoride in water is okay.
Tobacco products and vaping devices, dark-coloured food, and drinks can undo all the good you gain from teeth whitening. Your technician can recommend new medications that will help you to kick the habit for good.